Tuesdays starting at 7:00 a.m.
All payments to the Village of Kimberly are recommended to be made by cash or check!
Debit and credit cards are accepted – additional fee applied.
Please contact the Inspection Department if you have any questions regarding permits, permit fees,
or to schedule an inspection.
Office Hours Update
Dave Vander Velden retired as the Village’s Street Commissioner, but continues to serve as the Village’s Building Inspector on a part time basis reviewing plans, issuing permits, inspecting projects, and responding to property maintenance complaints. In this part-time capacity, Dave is not required to maintain daily office hours. However, in an effort to provide a level of consistency for the public to readily contact and speak to Dave, he has established Tuesday mornings for regular office hours at the Street Department located at 426 W. Kimberly Avenue. Dave is in the office at 7 am on Tuesdays, and remains available for at least an hour; longer when office and phone consultations dictate.
Dave also responds to inspection requests, code consultations, and appointment requests forwarded to him by the Village. In this regard, please contact Patty, Sheila or Allyn at 920-788-7507 with your inquiry. They will refer inspection requests and inquiries to Dave who will then respond in a reasonable time.
Please take this schedule into account when planning your permit and inspection needs to avoid unwanted delays.
Download Forms and Permits
Requirements for Permits:
- Site Plans, erosion control plan, cross section of building, energy worksheet
- Floor, foundation, and elevation plans drawn to ¼” scale.
- Drainage Plan must be obtained from Inspector before any work begins.
- Electrical, Plumbing, and HVAC Permits required for all new construction.
Who Needs a permit
Any one who plans to build or install
- Erosion Control: Inspection to be made prior to disturbing soil & throughout construction.
- Service Connections: Inspection to be made prior to covering with any gravel or soil.
- Footings: Inspections to be made prior to pouring of concrete.
- Foundation, Tile/Stone: Inspection to be made after stone and drain tile are in place and prior to back filling.
- Framing: Inspection to be made prior to installation of insulation or closing of walls.
- Electric, Plumbing, Heating: rough-in inspection to be made prior to insulation installation
- Final Inspection must made prior to occupancy of the structure for which the permits were obtained. The inspection will cover all trades for which permits were issued.
- Final Grading: Before seeding or sodding of any lot an inspection must be completed to assure compliance with the drainage plan.
Other Inspection Requirements
- Footings for any additions.
- Pier footings for decks and patios.
- On grade slabs for garage construction.
- Framing, plumbing, electrical, rough-ins on new additions.
- Electrical service changes before energizing.
- Fence layouts before posts and fencing work starts.